Tuesday 7 July 2009

Crafty Creations Challenge - Birds - Guest DT entry


If you haven't yet visited Crafty Creations Challenge - pop by.

The Challenge this week is "Birds" and they are happy to recieve any
handmade creations with a bird theme.

This is my first week as a guest on the DT and I am happy to be working with such a great bunch of creative people.

I have created a set of 5 atcs for this Challenge.

The birds are all Shrink plastic with hand drawn Sakura doodles.
They are hanging on a piece of wire with a glass heart bead.
I cut the little oval frames ( atc size) with a layer of Bloom and Grow, card on back and inked edges to tone with each bird. Then I have added some handcoloured leather die cuy leaves,
flowers, apples and butterflies.
(these are for the Drayton Swap on Trimmcraft)
Just look what you could win......

The brilliant prize this week is an owl download bundle from Polkadoodles
- Really enjoyed watching Nicky on Craft and Create this weekend showing her Sugar Birdies cd!

9 comments:

  1. Hello Claire,

    I'm so proud that you are our Guest Designer at Crafty Creations!! The atc's are brilliant!!!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow these are brilliant!!! Love the idea, it's as tho' the birds are actually hoping ~or flying about!
    As for spelling...I'm rubbish. I first spelt celAbration on my card wrong...but spotted the red line on the computer after I'd cut it out but luckily before I'd stuck it down..but the first thing my dad said when he saw the finished card was..'how do you spell Celebration?' ...didn't my heart flip!!!! My dad has ALWAYS found something to turn what I thought was 'not too bad' to...'oh my god no one must ever see it!!!'
    This ATC's are really lovely...I'm thinking I might use my new 'gadget' to post a link on my blog! (If that's okay with you!...Not sure how it works yet though!)


    ((Lyn)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, the birds are brilliant! And they go so well with the backing paper! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing first entry as guest DT! Simply beautiful Claire, what lovely atc's they are, the soft muted colours are perfect and the heart beads, very very pretty!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ATCs are fab, Clare! What a cool idea to use the shrink plastic. I'm so glad you're with us this month! Ali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! I've done a link using the new gadget I found...mind you, a simple post would have done the same!

    ((Lyn)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ATCs are gorgeous!! Claire, I'm so happy to have you with us as our guest designer this month!! Well done!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear these are really something your woork is unique Cant get over how I get the privalage if seeing this kind of work every month from you its really worth seeing Claire and I am so happy your getting there!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely cards, great creation

    ReplyDelete